From Sighișoara to Sibiu - 2 days tour - self-guided
This two days self-guided tour will take you from Sighisoara to Sibiu through the Saxon villages so famous for their fortified churches. You will ride for more than 100 km on low traffic asphalt roads and pass through traditional villages having the chance to take a glimpse at their slow paced life.
Day 1 - Valchid - Copșa Mare - Biertan - Richiș - Alțâna - Cornățel - Nucet - 60 km (37 miles)
Day 2 - Nucet- Săcădate - Avrig - Cisnădie - Cisnădiaora - Sibiu - 55 km (34miles)
In the morning of the first day you will be picked up from your hotel in Sighișoara and car transferred to Valchid (~25 minutes). From here you will start riding while we'll transfer your luggage to Sibiu. After 60 km you will arrive in Nucet where your dinner and room is already arranged.
First day highlights:
You will start the second riding on winding road which offers great views of the Făgăraș mountains and which will take you all the day down to Avrig where you can visit the Bruckenthal Summer Residence. From Avrig you will continue to Sibiu visiting other two beautiful fortified churches on the way.
Second day highlights:
- Brukenthal Palace from Avrig
- Cisnădioara fortress
You will find a complete description of the places you will visit, as well as contact details and other tips, in the printed guide we'll give you on the first day. Some visits have to be confirmed in advance and we'll take care of this.
- fully equipped bike
- medical kit
- bike lock
- printed map
- printed guide of the places to visit
- Bikemap app map + bike phone holder + external battery
- arrangements for accommodation (1 night), dinner, breakfast and sandwiches for the second day
- luggage transfer from Sighisoara to Sibiu
- car transfer from Sighișoara to Valchid
- accommodation, dinner, breakfast and sandwiches - all of them ~ 35 euro/pers. in double room
- tickets or donations